Monday, January 26, 2009

Australia Day---Just Another Day at the Beach













We took advantage of the Australia Day holiday and the beautiful weather. After mulling over some other ideas the beach seemed to be the most popular choice. So we packed a few things and headed off to the beach. It was definitely worth the 15 minute drive! The kids (including Mark) had a great time riding the waves in to the shore. I think our next purchase will be a boogie board!















The crew went back and forth between the water and the sand. They dug holes big enough to climb inside. Kyndal decided that she was cold so she laid down on one towel and covered up with another one. Then she proceeded to tell us all her woes---for a long time. "I'm cold. I want to go home. I have sand in my eyes. I'm cold." Thank goodness for Mady though. She convinced Kyndal to rejoin the sand festivities and put an end to the whining.














After enjoying the afternoon we packed up our stuff and headed home. We took a relaxing soak in the hot tub. Dawson and Mady spread out all their new shells they found.




2 comments:

Debbie T said...

Hi Charity, found your blog from your facebook page! All I have to say is, uh yeah, 15 minutes to the beach - DEFINITELY worth it! Love the pics! Deb

Mady said...

That is one cute chick!!!!